||My research specialty is geotechnical engineering. Among them, the topics of my strong interests are ground surveys, liquefaction countermeasures, and pile foundations. In the ground survey, we have developed a method called screw driving sounding as a ground survey method for residential land, and are studying its applicability. As a countermeasure of liquefaction, we have developed a micro-bubble injection method and a fine particle injection method as its engraving, and are studying its applicability. For pile foundations, we are developing tapered piles for offshore wind power. According to the needs of society, researching and developing new construction methods and proposing them is my favorite research style.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- (1) Geotechnical Investigation
The ground survey should be done at the beginning of all construction work. Depending on the result, the construction cost and the selected construction method will be changed. Due to the characteristics of the ground, it is desirable to conduct a ground survey covering the construction site, but it is usually limited in terms of cost. Through my research, various ground survey methods with low-cost but highly accurate were developed.
- (2) Ground Improvement
Soft ground is widespread in Japan. Therefore, since ground improvement is required at most of construction sites, a low-cost, high-quality ground improvement method is desired. In our research, many inexpensive liquefaction countermeasure methods were proposed. The typical examples are the micro-bubble injection method and the fine particle injection method.
- (3) Pile Foundation
Piles are very important as a part of the foundation to support a building and then has been studied for a long time. Even recently, the demands of society on the piles have changed, so new research results are constantly being sought. Currently, in our research, we are developing tapered piles for offshore wind power, research after drawing out existing piles, and research on urethane foam piles.
- (1) Satoshi Tashiro, Naoaki Suemasa, Takamitsu Sasaki and Koichi Nagao, Tokyo City University, Kyokado Engineering co. Ltd, Sato kogyo co. Ltd, : DEVELOPMENT OF THE GROUND INJECTION METHOD USING GEO-POLYMER MATERIAL, Geomate International conference, pp.122-127, 202011
- (2) Katsuya Iwai, Naoaki Suemasa and Tsuyoshi Tanaka: DEVELOPMENT OF A COMBINATION OF A ROTARY PENETRATION TYPE SAMPLER, Geomate International conference, pp.325-330, 202011
- (3) Kazuya Sano, Kazuya Itoh, Tsuyoshi Tanaka, Naoaki Suemasa, Takeharu Konami : Centrifuge Modelling Influence of Various Integration Schemes of Retaining Walls on Seismic Behaviour Using Tilting Table Test, International Symposium on Construction Resources for Environmentally Sustainable Technologies, pp.247-260, 202103
- (4) Naoya Kuze, Naoaki Suemasa, Mikio Futaki: A study on behaviour of a rotary press-in pile with wings horizontally loaded, The 4th international conference on geotechnics for sustainable infrastructure development, pp.46, 201911
- (5) K.Uemura, R.Takatoku, K.Itoh, N.Suemasa, N.Kikkawa, N.Hiraoka & T.Sasaki: Centrifuge model tests on improved soils using Ca(OH)2 and SiO2 grout, Ⅶ International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, pp.p3950-3957, 201906
- (6) S.Y. Mirjafari. M, R.P. Orense, N. Suemasa : Effects of ageing on the Screw Driving Sounding(SDS) penetration resistance in sand, Ⅶ International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, pp.p5393-5401, 201906
- (7) Naoaki Suemasa: Application of screw driving sounding and sd-sampler to assess soil properties, Nepalese Society of Engineering Geologists, pp.invited speaker, 201905
- (8) Orense Rolando P , Mirjafari Yasin , Suemasa Naoaki: Screw driving sounding: a new test for field characterisation, Geotechnical Research, pp.28-38, 201903
- (9) A.Marto, G.Sakai, N.Suemasa, N.Z.Mohd Yunus, S.N.Jusoh, N.Jamaludin, M.M.Ponimin, M.F.Mohd Tahir: Screw Driving Sounding Test for Soil Identification and Classification, 20th Southeast asian geotechnical conference, pp.245-250, 201811
- (10) Yasin Mirjafari, Rolando Orense, Naoaki Suemasa: Correlation Between CPT and Screw Driving Sounding (SDS): Geotechnical and Environmental Site Characterization, IAEG/AEG Annual Meeting Proceedings, San Francisco, California, 2018 , pp.47-54, 201809