Japanese Government Scholarship

If you hope to be a student of a Japanese university as a KOKUHI RYUGAKUSEI, first you are required to pass a preliminary evaluation by the foreign governments concerned.
The Japanese Embassy basically conducts a preliminary evaluation of candidates through a written examination, an interview and a review of submitted documents. A written examination will be given in Japanese and English. Every applicant must take the examination in Japanese, while the examination in English is optional. For details about this scholarship, please contact the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General.

After you have passed the preliminary evaluation, then you should contact the Japanese university which you wish to enter to obtain a letter of Admission or Letter of Acceptance as a graduate student or a research student. If you wish to study at our university, please do the following.

Each applicant must submit:

  1. A set of the same documents as those submitted to the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General
    a. Application
    b. Certified academic records of the university you attended
    c. Study program to which the official seal of the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General is affixed
  2. A certificate of preliminary evaluation issued by the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General
  3. A written explanation of the reason for applying to our university. You are required to give the name of the academic major in our university that you desire to study. (Please describe concretely the name of the major & course by referring to our website.) Use A4 sized paper and write in Japanese or English (Japanese is preferable).

Each applicant must submit the documents by one of the following methods:

  1. Air mail :
    Student Support Center
    1-28-1 Tamazutsumi, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo 158-8557, Japan
  2. E-mail

Once we have received application documents it will take 3-5weeks to review them.If your application is approved, we will send you a Letter of Acceptance.

Once you receive your Letter of Acceptance, you will need to take the final evaluation examination conducted by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Science, and Technology (Monbukagakusho).

Related requirement:

You must be fluent in written and spoken Japanese to study at our university and for daily life in Japan.