||Mechanical materials, strength of materials
||My specialty is research on fatigue strength of various metal materials. The main research methods are rotate bending fatigue test, plane bending fatigue test, and axial load fatigue test. It is also possible to perform a fatigue crack growth test. Recently, we have been developing a method for non-destructively predicting the fatigue limit from the internal defect distribution using X-ray CT as a method for predicting the fatigue limit of cast iron. I am also studying the effect on fatigue strength during plating and surface hardening.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- (1) Fatigue strength of metal
This study clarifies the fatigue strength and fatigue crack growth characteristics of various metal materials. We are mainly working on the development of a method for predicting the fatigue limit of cast iron with relatively large defects. Recently, we are developing a method for non-destructively predicting the fatigue limit from the internal defect distribution using X-ray CT.
- (2) Fatigue strength of surface-modified metal materials
This study clarifies the effect on fatigue strength during plating and surface hardening treatment. In particular, the relationship between the factors that lower the fatigue limit and residual stress during plating is clarified. We are also studying the effect of detoxifying defects by surface-hardening cast iron with defects.
- (1) Effects of Mn content and Carbon Equivalent on Impact Characteristics in Heavy Section Spheroidal Graphite Cast Iron , Journal of Japan Foundry Engineering Society, Vol.92，No.5，May 2020.
- (2) Influence of Chunky Graphite on Characteristic of Fatigue Crack Propagation in Heavy Section Spheroidal Graphite Cast Iron, Journal of Japan Foundry Engineering Society, Vol.91，No.12，December 2019.
- (3) Estimation of Fatigue Limit of Spheroidal Graphite Cast Iron Using X-ray CT, Journal of Japan Foundry Engineering Society, Vol.91，No.5，May 2019.
- (4) Effects of Number of Graphite Nodules on Fatigue Limit and Fracture Origins in Heavy Section Spheroidal Graphite Cast Iron, Material Transactions, Vol.57, March 2016.
- (5) Relationship between Fatigue Limit and Defect Size in Spheroidal Graphite Cast Iron with Different Graphite Spheroidization Ratios and Microstructures, Material Transactions, Vol.56, December 2015.
- (6) Effects of moisture Air on Characteristics of Strength in High Strength Spheroidal Graphite Cast Iron, Material Transactions, Vol.56, August 2015.
- (7) The Influence of Residual Stress on the Chracteristic of Very High Cycle Fatigue Strength”, Journal of Mteral Reserch Association of Japan, Vol.57, July 2012.
||Excellent Paper Award, Journal of Japan Foundry Engineering Society, 2020.
|Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research Support: Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS)
|Recruitment of research assistant(s)
|Affiliated academic society (Membership type)
||(1) Japan Foundry Engineering Society (Regular member)
(2) Surface Finished Society of Japan (Regular member)
(3) Material Testing Reseach Association of Japan (Regular member)
(4) The Society of Material Science (Regular member)
|Education Field (Undergraduate level)
||Materials Testing , trength and Fracture of Materials
|Education Field (Graduate level)
||Advanced of Strength Engineering