||Mechanical Systems Engineering
||My research field is human-environmental systems. In particular, indoor environment of building and vehicle is main topic of my research. Heat transfer between the human body and the environment, wall and boundary, exhaust sytems of engine are modeled and evaluated for saving energy. As for the vehicle, Numerical vehicle model for the power transmission and the thermal dynamics are being developed for model based development. Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning system is also focused from the view point of the environemtal control and the energy consumption.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- (1) Human thermal sensation
Human feel thermal sensatoin based on the heat transfer from the human body to the environment. Thus, the sensation could be evaluated via heat and mass transfer simulation. Human thermal physiological model is developed for the estimation of human thermal response to the physical environment.
- (2)Indoor air quality
Indoor air quality needs to be acquired in order to prevent the infectious desease from spreading. Ventilation efficiency is evaluated with the Computational Fluid Dynamics. In addition, the sterilization effect of Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation on the droplet in the airflow is estimated in order to find the better performance.
- (3)Human behavior modeling
Human behavior such as walking around, touch surrounding surfaces and speeking can cause spreading of the infectious desease. Agent simulatoin is the one of the best simulation method to estimate the infection risk on the human-scale phenomena like the human behavior.
- Riku Emoto, Rikiya Okabe, Hideaki Nagano, et al., Analysis of improvement effect of thermal sensation via seat ventilation system -Heat transfer analysis in seat ventilation system with and human subject-, Journal of Automotive Engineering in Japan, Vol.52, No.2, 2021
- Hideaki Nagano, et al., Study on Prediction of In-Vehicle Thermal Environment with Standard Cabin Model:- Development of Prediction Method of Equivalent Temperature of Passenger with Contribution Ratio of Indoor Climate -, Journal of Automotive Engineering in Japan, Vol.49, No.1, 2018
- Miyoko Oiwake, Yoshiichi Ozeki Sogo Obata, Hideaki Nagano and Itsuhei Kohri, Effects of the Glass and Body Heat Transfer Characteristics of a Hybrid Electric Vehicle on Its Fuel Consumption and Cruising Distance, SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars - Mechanical Systems Vol.9, No.1, 20216
- Hideaki Nagano, et al., Effect of Air Exchange due to Door Opening on the Transient Thermal Environment in a Vehicle, Journal of the Human-Environment System, Vol.19, No.1 2016
|Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research Support: Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS)
|Recruitment of research assistant(s)
|Affiliated academic society (Membership type)
||(1) SHASE (Member)
(2) JSAE (Member)
|Education Field (Undergraduate level)
||Heat transfer engineering, Numerical simulation
|Education Field (Graduate level)
||Heat transfer engineering