||I specialize in space engineering, and have been involved in thermo-structural design, especially for space structures onboard satellites. I have been involved in the structural design and thermal deformation analysis of large deployable antennas for communications, and designed the deployable antenna for the Engineering Test Satellite 8, which was launched in 2006.
Currently, I am conducting research and development on the structural design of parabolic antennas composed of cable networks and meshes, and the thermal design of astronomical satellites.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- (1) Large, lightweight deployable antenna
Study of an antenna structure with light weight and large surface composed of mirrored cable mesh and truss structures.
- (2) Flexible and rigid solar array structures
Research on high-power, lightweight, and rigid solar array structures using highly retractable, rollable, and flexible solar cells.
- (3)Scissors structure
A space structure with scissors as an element, which can form any rotational curved surface and can be deployed and stored.
- (4) Thermal design on satelltites
Thermal Design Technology for Satellites with High Heating Density Devices
- (1)Proposal of a New Concept for Lightweight Solar Array Structures with High Rigidity, TRANSACTIONS OF THE JAPAN SOCIETY FOR AERONAUTICAL AND SPACE SCIENCES, AEROSPACE TECHNOLOGY JAPAN, Vol.19, No/2, pp.144-149. 2021
- (2)Experimental Evaluation of Reducing Cable-strain Energy of Tension-truss Surface with compression members, Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 57, No.4, pp.835-843, 2020
- (3)Surface Design Method Incorporating Compression Members for Cable-Mesh Reflectors, Journal of Spacecraft and Rocket, Vol. 55, Iss. 1, pp.214-222, 2018
- (4)Progress in and prospects of on-board communication equipment technologies for communications satellites in Japan, Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers Transactions, Vo. E100-B, No.9, 2017
|Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research Support: Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS)
|Affiliated academic society (Membership type)
|Education Field (Undergraduate level)
||Mechanics and material, ngineering mechanics
|Education Field (Graduate level)