|| My research field in biological, medical instrumentation and biological signal processing. It includes signal instrumentation techniques, medical electronic devices, analysis and processing of measured biological and medical infromation from human body. These knowledge and techniques applies mainly to new style medical diagnostic systems, to the systems used in daily life and to novel home care systems. In these researches, knowledges on electronics, physiology, anatomy, signal processing and statistics and skills on electronic circuit development, biological signal measurement and programming are fully used to reach the goal.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- (1) biological signal instrumentation
The knowledge and the techniques related to this field are physiology, electronic instrumentation. For exaple, electrocardiogram(ECG), electroencephalogram(EEG), electrogastrogram(EGG), electrooculogram(EOG), electromyogram(EMG), spinal cord potential and electroenterogram have been measured.
- (2) biological signal processing
Signals and information from human body and activities are analyzed and processed for applications. For example, electrocardiogram measured through door knob is analyzed for personal identification. Most of the measured biological signals must be analyzed for applications.
- (3) medical electronics
The novel electronic devices in healthcare and medical fields have been developed and proposed in the real world. For example, a novel measurement system of dc biological electric signal on the body surface was proposed. The effectiveness of the proposed system was shown by experiments with hardware implementation.
- (1) Masahiro Oshima and Masaki Kyoso, An Evaluation Technique for Quality of Sleep Using Machine Learning with vital-sign obtained by a Wristwatch-type Wearable Device,Life Support, Vol.33, No.2, pp.59-66 (2021)
- (2) Masahiro TATSUTA, Kohei MINEMURA, Kosuke SASAKI, Kei KIYAMA, Tomoya OGAWA, Masaki KYOSO, A Mathematical Model of Electrogastrogram and Applicability Evaluation Using Measured Signals from Healthy Subjects, Transactions of the Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering, Vol.57, No.6, pp.198-205 (2019).
- (3)Naohiko Nomura, Takahiro Takeda, Yuichi Shimatani, Masaki Kyoso, Development of Implantable Neural Signal Detection and Transmission System Using Non-linear Circuit and Variable Threshold, Transactions of the Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering, Vol.53, No.3, pp.193-199 (2015).
- (4)Masaki KYOSO, Takumi YOSHIMOTO, Yuichi SHIMATANI, Keiichiro YONEYAMA, Keizo SATO and Toshiko SAWAGUCHI, Improvement and Evaluation of an Individual Identification System Using High Frequency Electrocardiogram, THE SHOWA UNIVERSITY JOURNAL OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, Vol.26, No.2, pp.149-157 (2014).
- (5)Takumi Kobayashi, Yuichi Shimatani Masaki Kyoso, Transmission of Biological Information by Near-Field Intra-Body Communication Using Spread Spectrum Technique, Transactions of the Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering, Vol.50, No.6, pp.607-612 (2012)
||The First Prize of Paper Competition of JPCOMEmbs00, IEEE EMBS Japan Chapter, 2000
|Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research Support: Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS)
|Research Grants/Projects including subsidies, donations, grants, etc.
||TOTO Ltd., Recearch on biological signal measurement and biometric authentification, 2015-2022.
Toyota Central R&D Labs., Inc., Measurement and analysis of electrocardiogram in driving, 2014.
|Recruitment of research assistant(s)
|Affiliated academic society (Membership type)
||(1) IEEE (member), (2) IEICE (member), (3) Japanese Society on Biomedical Engineering (member), (4) The Society of Life Support Engineering (member), (5) The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers (member), (6) The Institute of Electrical Engineers in Japan (member)
|Education Field (Undergraduate level)
||electronics, instrumentation engineering, medical instrumentation, signal analysis, programming
|Education Field (Graduate level)
||biomedical instrumentation, biological signal processing