||Applied Chemistry, Science and Engineering
||After obtaining a doctoral degree (science) from Tokyo Institute of Technology through crystal structure analysis research of inorganic materials and getting a job at the National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS), I conducted research to develop new analytical methods for chemical states and chemical changes of materials by X-ray method. I am also developing functional materials and chemical reaction processes from an analytical point of view. Since moving to this university, I have been further advancing research on material development and chemical reaction analysis using X-ray methods.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- (1) X-ray analysis
Development of new X-ray equipment for analyzing the composition, element distribution, chemical state, and detailed crystal structure of inorganic materials with complex structures and substances during chemical reaction.
- (2) Hydrogen energy
As a method for producing clean energy hydrogen without emitting new carbon dioxide, we are studying chemical reactions using waste and inexpensive substances as raw materials. In particular, we are considering the use of scrap iron and are also studying the synthesis of ammonia, which becomes a hydrogen carrier.
- (3) Utilization of waste
We are studying the reduction of carbon dioxide and its use for chemical reactions. In addition, in order to promote the utilization of slag generated during steel production, the crystal phase contained, its state, and chemical reactivity are analyzed. We are conducting research to chemically treat these wastes and synthesize useful materials.
- (1) “Change of State of Lime Phase and Inhibition of Hydration Reaction by Coexisting Oxides in Steelmaking Slag”, ISIJ International, Vol. 61 (2021), No. 5, pp. 1596–1604. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.ISIJINT-2020-602.
- (2) “Ammonia production using iron nitride and water as hydrogen source under mild temperature and pressure”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 46, Issue 18, 11 March 2021, Pages 10642-10652. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2020.12.194
- (3) “Progress of hydrogen gas generation by reaction between iron and steel powder and carbonate water in the temperature range near room temperature”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 45, Issue 27, 18 May 2020, Pages 13832-13840. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2020.03.087
- (4) "Observation of crystalline phase distribution with confocal angle-dispersive X-ray diffractometer", Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Volume 456, Pages 42-48, October 2019. Doi:10.1016/j.nimb.2019.07.004
- (5) “Nondestructive Analysis of Depth Distribution of Materials by Confocal X-ray Diffraction”, Chem. Lett. 2018, 47, 1545-1548. doi:10.1246/cl.180796
- (6) "Combination of projection-based XRF, XAFS and XRD imagings for rapid spatial distribution analysis of a heterogeneous material", J. Anal. At. Spectrom. (Royal Society of Chemistry), Vol.31，No.5, May 2016, pp.1105-1111.
- (7) "Powder X-ray Diffraction Analysis of Lime-Phase Solid Solution in Converter Slag", ISIJ International, Vol.55, No.3, March 2015, pp.616–622.
- (8) "Rapid combinatorial screening by synchrotron X-ray imaging, Appl. Surf. Sci.(Elsevier), Vol.252, No.7, Jan.2006, pp.2608-2614.
- (9) "Combinatorial Fluorescence XAFS Imaging of Manganese Complex Oxides, Chemistry Letters", vol.34, No.6, Jun.2005, pp.872-873.
- (10) "Site Occupancy Determination for Manganese in Some Spinel-Type Oxides by Kβ X-Ray Fluorescence Spectra", J. Solid State Chem.(Elsevier), Vol.178, No.1, Jan.2005, pp.370-375.
- Japanese Patent No. 5131721
- Japanese Patent No. 4997383
- Japanese Patent No. 4660748
- Japanese Patent No. 4621887
- Japanese Patent No. 3978495
||"Asada Ei-ichi Award", Discussion Group of X-ray Analysis, Japan Society for Analytical Chemistry, 2007
|Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research Support: Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS)
|Research Grants/Projects including subsidies, donations, grants, etc.
||(1) "2021 subsidy project", Japan Keirin Autorace foundation
(2) "Research Grant", The Precise Measurement Technology Promotion Foundation
(3) "2021 Research Grant", Grant No . 21A3, The Salt Science Research Foundation
|Recruitment of research assistant(s)
|Affiliated academic society (Membership type)
||(1) Chemical Society of Japan (Senior member), (2) Iron and Steel Institute of Japan (Senior member), (3) Japan Society for Analytical Chemistry (Senior member)
|Education Field (Undergraduate level)
||Analytical chemistry, Quantum chemistry
|Education Field (Graduate level)
||Frontier of X-ray analysis, adv.