||Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology
||My field of study is colloid and surface chemistry, focusing on organized molecular assemblies of surfactants. I have been conducting research to develop environmentally friendly functional materials by controlling the microstructure of substances through a novel preparation process in which various molecular assemblies such as micelle, emulsion, vesicle, and Langmuir-Blodgett film are applied as templates to fabricate specific nanostructures.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- (1) Development of preparation process for inorganic ultrathin films with controlled microstructure
Various inorganic ultrathin films with controlled microstructures are prepared using organized molecular assemblies as templates, aiming to apply them to dye-sensitized solar cells and photocatalysts.
- (2) Application of novel emulsification method in the subcritical temperature region
For a novel emulsification method using soft hydrophilic nanoparticles instead of surfactants, stability of the emulsions in the subcritical temperature region and applicability to the hydrothermal synthesis are studied.
- (1) Preparation of patterned TiO2 ultrathin films by Langmuir-Blodgett method using mixed monolayers of octadecylamine and 1H,1H-perfluoro-1-dodecanol, Chem. Lett., 46(9), 1396-1399 (2017).
- (2) Influence of polyoxyethylene phytosterol addition in ionic liquid-based electrolyte on photovoltaic performance of dye-sensitized solar cells, Electrochim. Acta, 219, 766-772 (2016).
- (3) Structural characterization and photocatalytic activity of ultrathin TiO2 films fabricated by Langmuir–Blodgett technique with octadecylamine, Thin Solid Films, 519(22), 8077-8084 (2011).
- (4) Preparation of titania nanotube thin films by Langmuir–Blodgett technique, Chem. Lett., 37(3), 276-277 (2008).
- (5) Effect of packing on orientation and cis-trans isomerization of azobenzene chromophore in Langmuir–Blodgett film, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 296(1), 212-219 (2006).
- (6) Particulate assemblies of CdS and TiO2 prepared by Langmuir–Blodgett technique with octadecylamine/methylstearate mixed films, Thin Solid Films, 489(1-2), 205-214 (2005).
- (7) Two-dimensional assemblies of colloidal SiO2 and TiO2 particles prepared by the Langmuir–Blodgett technique, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 242(1), 127-132 (2001).
- (8) Adsorption behavior and structural characterization of azo dyes on a Langmuir–Blodgett film of octadecylamine, Langmuir, 16(16), 6613-6621 (2000).
|Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research Support: Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS)
|Recruitment of research assistant(s)
|Affiliated academic society (Membership type)
||The Chemical Society of Japan (Member), Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry (Member)
Japan Oil Chemists’ Society (Representative, Academic Committee member, Kanto branch secretary, Kanto branch Business Planning Committee Member)
|Education Field (Undergraduate level)
Physical Chemistry (1)
|Education Field (Graduate level)
||Colloid Chemistry Adv.