|| Applied chemistry, Electrical engineering and chemistry.
|| I am academic expert in the field of heterogeneous catalytic process. Coal liquefaction to produce alternative petroleum fuel, Ultra-deep hydrodesulfurization to clean the petroleum fuels, slurry bed hydrocracking of petroleum residue, transesterification of plant oil with methanol for production of biodiesel and saccharide conversion into aviation fuel were my research targets. Since coal liquefaction and petroleum hydrotreatment reactions are operated at fairly high pressure and temperature, I got the Japanese advanced certification to operate the chemical process highly pressurized for my research. Additionally, I was interested in photo-catalysis of metal oxide. Results of my researches mentioned above could be confirmed through my research papers published in the academic journals.
The current target are the drop-in fuel production and the renewable hydrogen production. For my research about the former target, plant oil is hydrodeoxygenated into saturated hydrocarbons without adding gaseous hydrogen externally. As for the latter target, saccharide polymer such as cellulose and lignin derivatives are utilized as the hydrogen source and the hydrogen storage media, respectively. Two catalytic processes for the hydrogen production and the hydrogen storage are operated simultaneously.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- (1) Multi-functional catalysis
Multi-functional catalysis is required for producing drop-in fuel according to my original process, that consists of plant oil hydrolysis, hydrogen production from the hydrolysis by-product (glycerol), hydrodeoxygenation of the hydrolysis product (fatty acids) and isomerization of hydrocarbon. In order to catalyze the chemical reactions mentioned above under the same operating condition, the enhanced dispersion of the active metal and its combination with the proper acid material are studied in my research laboratory.
- (2) Meso-porous materials
For enhancing the multi-functional catalysis, my attention is focused on meso-porous silica SBA-15. Its high surface area and wide pore are useful in enhancing the active metal dispersion and in increasing the reaction space, respectively. Also, the pore wall is abundant in the isolated silanol group where organic functional groups of acid/base propetiy could be grafted.
Recently, I am interested in metal-organic framework characterized by the meso-porous textile for extending my research target to drug derively system.
- (1) Catalytic deoxygenation of triglyceride into drop-in fuel under hydrothermal condition with the help of in-situ hydrogen production by APR of glycerol by-produced, Fuel Processing Technology, 217 (2021) 106831
- (2) Single stage upgrading with the help of bifunctional catalysis of Pt supported on solid acid for converting product oil of triglyceride thermal cracking into drop-in fuel, Fuel Processing Technology, 202 (2020) 106364
- (3) Embedding Fe3O4 nano-particles in mesoporous silica SBA-15 and catalytic application of the prepared composite, Journal of the Society of Powder Technology, Japan, 57, 2 (2020) 80-87
- (4) Continuous production of biodiesel by the CaO-catalyzed transesterification operated with continuously stirred tank reactor, Fuel Processing Technology, 181 (2018) 311-317
- (5) Industrial feasibility of powdery CaO catalyst for production of biodiesel, Fuel Processing Technology, 165 (2017) 94-101
- (6) Catalytic activity of calcined scallop shell for rapeseed oil transesterification to produce biodiesel, Fuel, 182 (2016) 220-226
- (7) Aldol condensation of furfural with acetone over anion exchange resin catalysts, Journal of the Japan Institute of Energy, 93 (2014) 1236-1243
- (8) Rules of thumb (Empirical rules) for the biomass utilization by thermochemical conversion, Journal of the Japan Institute of Energy, 93 (2014) 684-702
- (9) Transesterification of vegetable oil into biodiesel catalyzed by CaO: A review, Fuel, 93 (2012) 1-12
- (10) Catalytic potential of carbon-supported NiMo-sulfide for ultra-deep hydrodesulfurization of diesel fuel, Applied Catalysis A: General, 265 (2004) 61-67
||Best paper award, the Japan Institute of Energy (2012)
|Recruitment of research assistant(s)
|Affiliated academic society (Membership type)
||The Japan Institute of Energy (Regular member), The Society of Chemical Engineering, Japan (Regular member), Catalyst Society of Japan (Regular member), The Japan Petroleum Institute (Regular member), The Societu of Powder Technology, Japan (Regular member)
|Education Field (Undergraduate level)
||Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical Engineering, Reaction Engineering
|Education Field (Graduate level)
||Catalytic process design