||City Planning, Civil Engineering, Archtecture, Real Estate Sience
||I worked at National Land Agency, Prime Minister’s office, that covered nationwide planning, land use planning, disaster prevention and regional planning for 8 years. I received a Doctor of engineering from Tokyo University in 1991. from 1995 to 1996 I experienced an Academic Visitor of the Bartlett School of Planning, University College London, London University. My specialty is regional planning and planning system. I ‘m researching local city planning, comprehensive planning system including urban and rural area, and Tokyo metropolitan area planning from viewpoint of multi-core strategy, aging and sustainability such as TOD. In late years I study the actual situation of effectiveness of the diversity for the city.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- (1) local city central area revitalisation
Recently, in the local cities of Japan, the decline in central areas due to the suburbanization of various functions associated with the progress of motorization is posing to be a great challenge. I research recent repopulation of Japanese local cities' central areas and location condominiums in these areas.
- (2) Regional Development
Japan has been facing problems related to decline of population and aging. Especially, many municipalities in local countryside area are continuously population decreasing. Despite this, municipalities of the social growth of the population increase exist. I analyzed population social increase or decrease according to 1896 municipalities of all over Japan from 2010 to 2015.
- (3) Effectiveness of multi-business core development policy at Tokyo metropolitan area
In Tokyo metropolitan area, long-time commuting, traffic congestion occurs due to over-concentration to Tokyo central area. For this problem, core business city development policy is adopted from 1988. In core business cities, business facilities accumulation districts are designated. In these districts’ assistance measures are applied. I survey trend of office and its employee’s number, the number of commuters and commuting time. In addition, I survey Yokohama city as the core business city, where the number of employees increased. I survey distribution of the employee according to 1757 subregions of Yokohama city at 2001 and 2012.
- (4)Maintenance of the railway user under the aging society in Tokyo metropolitan area
Tokyo metropolitan area is estimated depopulation and hard aging. Additionally a new urban planning that targets the reduction of automobile dependence and the use of public transit is required for realization of sustainable city. Tokyo metropolitan area is originally excellent in railway usage on commuting transit. Under this situation it is important that railway passengers preserve. I study the influence of land use patterns and aging around above 590 railway stations on railway passengers from the viewpoint of sustainable rail transit service and urban re-generation in Tokyo metropolitan suburban area, especially from the viewpoint of TOD.
- (5) Actual Situation about Effectiveness of the Diversity for urban improvement
Urban diversity is the key concept at urban planning. I study Tokyo metropolitan suburban area from the viewpoint of population aging and its relationship to diversity of housing such as detached house, apartment and condominium, and diversity of land use such as low-rise housing, crowd low-rise housing, middle and high-rise housing, commercial and business use, park and green land, manufacturing, public institution and development land and so on. The study analyzed population aging according to 7333 subregions of Tokyo metropolitan area at 2010 and 2015.
- (1)Factor of Social Growth of the Population at Japanese Local Countryside area,Proceedings of the International Academic Conferences,2019
- (2)Ruri Nakatsukasa & Takashi Nakamura, The Actual Condition of the Landscape Plan based on the Landscape Act in Cebtral Urban Area of Local Cities,World Multidisciplinary Civil Engineering-Architecture-Urban Planning Symposium program book,p426,2019
- (3)Miyu Yada & Takashi Nakamura, Actual Condition of Employee Number in Japanese Local Cities’ Central Areas, World Multidisciplinary Civil Engineering-Architecture-Urban Planning Symposium program book,p424,2019
- (4)Maintenance of the railway user under the aging society in Tokyo metropolitan suburban area,Proceedings of the 42nd International Academic Conference,Roma,2018
- (5)Continuity of the population recovery to the central city area of Japanese Local Cities,Eleventh Global Studies Conference,pⅠ-64,2018
- (6)Actual Conditions and Issues regarding City Farmland after the Revision of the Productive Green Space Act in Japan–The Issue of maintaining city farmland, Abstracts of Third International Conference on Environment, Engineering & Energy 2017,p.Ⅰ-19
- (7)Koki Fujimoto & Takashi Nakamura,The Actual Condition of Vacant Houses Location in Central Urban Area of Local Cities,THE 4th NZAAR INTERNATIONAL EVENT SERIES ON NATURAL AND BUILT,UDCP ,pp.161-169, 2018
- (8) Recent Repopulation of Japanese Local Cities’ Central Areas,7th Annual International Conference on Urban Studies & Planning, ⅩⅠ－1,2017
- (9) A Study on the Relationship between Land Use around Railway Stations and the Railway Station Passengers in Tokyo(Japan) metropolitan area,World Multidisplinary Civil Engineering-Archtecture-Urban Planing Symposium Abstract Collection Book,p.401,2016
- (10)Research on the Setting of Numerical Targets for Urban Master Plans and National Land Use Plans,Proceedings of International Symposium on Urban Planning 2001,pp.659-670
||Best/Good Paper Awards 2008(CPIJ)
|Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research Support: Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS)
|Research Grants/Projects including subsidies, donations, grants, etc.
||Current status and issues of the continuity of population recurrence to the central city area by the condominium location(https://kaken.nii.ac.jp/en/grant/KAKENHI-PROJECT-17K06726/)
|Recruitment of research assistant(s)
|Affiliated academic society (Membership type)
|Education Field (Undergraduate level)
||CIty Planning, Urban Infrastructure, Design of Infrastructures
|Education Field (Graduate level)
||Advanced Regional Planning