||Computer Science, Information Technology
||My research areas are cyber-physical systems, embedded systems, distributed systems, real-time systems and software engineering. Cyber-physical systems are real-time systems that affect physical processes. Embedded distributed control systems such as automotive control systems, multi-vehicle control systems and avionics systems are hard real-time cyber-physical systems. We have developed and are developing real-time platforms for cyber-physical systems such as a multicore operating system, a distributed operating system with location-transparent systems calls, an operating system with GNSS-based time synchronization mechanism, a real-time operating systems family based on aspect-oriented programming, distributed shared memory and distributed computing middleware with logical time. We have also developed and are developing software development environments such as a Simulink to UML model transformation tool, an aspect-oriented modeling tool (model weaver) and a data consistency verification tools.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- 1. Cyber-Physical Systems, Embedded Systems, Distributed Systems, Real-Time Systems
The research aims to develop software platforms including real-time operating systems and distributed computing middleware for cyber-physical systems.
- 2. Software Engineering
The research aims to develop software development environments for building cyber-physical systems, especially embedded distributed control systems.
- GNSS-Based System Time Synchronization Mechanism for Cyber-Physical Systems, International Journal of Electrical and Electronic Engineering & Telecommunications, Vol.9, No.2, pp.94-99, Mar. 2020.
- Distributed Shared Memory with CAN-Based Prioritized Mutual Exclusion for Embedded Control Systems, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Computer and Communications Management, pp.32-37, July 2019
- A Real-Time Operating System Supporting Distributed Shared Memory for Embedded Control Systems, Cluster Computing, Vol.22, Special Issue 1, pp.S989–S998, Jan. 2019
- A Distributed Real-Time Operating System with Prioritized Inter-Node System Calls for Distributed Embedded Control Systems, Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Robotics, Control and Automation Engineering, pp.161-165, Dec. 2018.
- A Time-Triggered Distributed Computing Environment for Cyber-Physical Systems Based on Physical Time and Logical Time, Proceedings of the 2018 IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON2018), pp.1516-1521, Oct. 2018
- A Distributed Multicore Real-Time Operating System Family Based on Aspect-Oriented Programming, Proceedings of the 19th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, pp.1389-1394, Feb 2018
- An Extended Simulink to UML Model Transformation Tool for Embedded Control Software Development, Proceedings of the 2017 International Conference on Industrial Design Engineering, pp.76-81, Dec. 2017
- A Real-Time Operating System with CAN-Based Inter-Node Shared Resource Management and Distributed Shared Memory, Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems, pp.798-805, Aug. 2017
- A Real-Time Operating System with Location-Transparent Shared Resource Management for Multi-Core Processors, Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Software and Systems, pp.93-98, Aug. 2016
- A Simulink to UML Model Transformation Tool for Embedded Control Software Development, Proceedings of the 2016 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, pp.700-706, Mar. 2016
- Communication System, Real-Time Control Device, and Information Processing System, US PAT. No. 7,680,228
- Embedded Controllers and Development Tool for Embedded Controllers, US PAT. No. 8,347,282
- Real Time Control System, US PAT. No. 7484214
- Multi-Processor System, US PAT. No. 7,836,233
- System and Program for Controlling a Distributed Processing System, US PAT. No. 7,356,739
||Best Paper Award for Young Researcher of IPSJ National Convention, Sato Prize Paper Award of ASJ
|Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research Support: Japan Society for Promotion of Science (JSPS)
|Recruitment of research assistant(s)
|Affiliated academic society (Membership type)
||IEEE (Member), ACM (Member), IPSJ (Member), IEICE (Member)
|Education Field (Undergraduate level)
||Software Engineering, Object-Oriented Programming, Embedded Systems
|Education Field (Graduate level)