||Urban life studies
||He holds a Master's degree in Environmental Engineering from Osaka University, a Master's degree in Economics from Hosei University's Graduate School of Social Sciences, and a Doctorate degree in Management Engineering from Chiba Institute of Technology's Graduate School of Social and System Sciences.
After working on land use planning at Sumitomo Trust and Banking Research Institute, he moved to JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency), where he worked for about 25 years on Official Development Assistance (ODA) in the Global Environment Department, domestic centers, Thailand office, and Vietnam office. In April 2019, he assumed his current position. His research interests include the creation of public and social value through project and program management, capacity development, and international cooperation through these approaches.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- (1) Project and Program Management
Project and Program Management is a body of knowledge that goes beyond the conventional project management to control QCD (Quality, Cost, Delivery) efficiently. It is to understand complex subjects as a system and to manage multiple projects organically under the overall mission while utilizing insight and intuition, and to manage multiple projects organically under the overall mission, then achieves high results while utilizing insight and intuition. We are conducting research to realize desirable values in public social fields by with this knowledge.
- (2) International Cooperation (Intervention from outside for value creation including international points of view)
International cooperation is an activity in which actors with widely differing backgrounds, systems, ways of thinking, and values, cooperate in order to realize desired values for the people concerned. While utilizing the aforementioned body of knowledge of program management, we will conduct research on desirable ways of international cooperation, comparative analysis, and insights gained from such analysis, mainly focusing on the urban areas of Asian countries
- (3) Capacity Development of persons and organizations
In order to actually create and realize value in the aforementioned content, capacity development of the individuals, organizations and society involved is essential. In addition to practicing this in the education of students, universities are also required to contribute to the development of the capacity of organizations and society. We will conduct research on how this can be achieved.
- (1) Study on Program Profiling and Implementation Management with Intervention from Outside for Sustainable Value Creation in Ambiguous and Social Missions Fumihiko OKIURA and Hiroshi KUBO Journal on Chemical Engineering of Japan, Vol. 51, No.9, pp.1-5, 2018
- (2) Study on Program Integration Management Model and Program Profiling Management for Value Creation in Ambiguous Missions in ODA、 Fumihiko Okiura and Hiroshi Kubo Journal of International Association of P2M、Vol.11, No.1, 2016, p46-57
- (3) A Study on Critical Points for Social Public Value Creation from Project and Program Management Viewpoint Fumihiko OKIURA, Kazuki OKOSO, Takashi KAKIMOTO and Hiroshi KUBO International Symposium on Economics and Social-Science 2018 August 2018, Tokyo, Japan
- (4) Value Creation Structure and Profiling Management of Public Social Programs with ODA Fumihiko OKIURA and Hiroshi KUBO “The 5th International Conference on Project & Program Management” March 2017, Cebu, Philippines
|Recruitment of research assistant(s)
|Affiliated academic society (Membership type)
||(1) International Association of P2M (Project and Program Management) (senior member)
(2) The City Planning Institute of Japan (member)
(3) The Japan Society for International Development (member)
(4) The Society of Chemical Engineers, Japan (member)
|Education Field (Undergraduate level)
||Urban Development and Management, International Urban Management, Urban Development Project
|Education Field (Graduate level)
||Global Business, Program Management Theory