||Department of Electrical,Electronic and Communication Engineering
||Toru Amau received his B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Nagoya Institute of Technology in March 2002, his M.S. in Japanese Economy and Management from Nagoya City University in March 2004, and his Ph. D. in Engineering. He is a Professional Engineer (Electrical and Electronic Engineering). Advisor of Substation, Transmission and Substation Department, Chubu Electric Power Grid Co. Mainly engaged in research on protection relay systems for substations.He received the IEEJ Paper Award in 2012 and the IEEJ Progress Award in 2022, and has been a professor at Tokyo City University since 2023.
|Research Field(Keyword & Summary)
- (1) Digital substation systems compliant with IEC 61850
Digital substation systems, which form the core of smart grids, need to expand the use of IEC 61850 from all perspectives. Therefore, we are researching what issues exist in such systems and where they can be expected to be applied.
- (2) Power distribution automation and protection control systems
In order to realize a sustainable society, protection and control systems face several challenges. For example, the current sensitivity in the event of a short circuit is reduced and capacitance is increased. Our research aims to solve these challenges.
- (1) Amau, T. (2023). Power Network System Technology: A Focus on SoS. In: Kaihara, T., Kita, H., Takahashi, S., Funabashi, M. (eds) Innovative Systems Approach for Facilitating Smarter World. Design Science and Innovation. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-7776-3_15
- (2)Combined Implementation of Dynamic Rating-based Protection and Calculating the Average Degree of Polymerization for Power Transformers (IEEJ Trans. PE, Vol.141, No.7, 2021)
- (3)The Implementation of Dynamic Rating and Transmission Line Protection Functions in IED (IEEJ Trans. PE, Vol.140, No.11, 2020)
- (4)"A Study of Protection System for Looped Distribution System Using general purpose protection relay" Proc. The 7th International Conference on Advanced Power System Automation and Protection (APAP2017)
- (5)”A Study of the Configuration of the Reverse Power Flow Detection Device Basedon Reliability Evaluation Methods ”Proc. The International Conference on Electrical Engineering 2015 (IECC2015),
||IEEJ Outstanding Technical Report Award 2023
IEEJ Technical Development Award 2022
IEEJ Distinguished Paper Award 2012
IEEJ Outstanding Technical Report Award 2010
|Recruitment of research assistant(s)
|Affiliated academic society (Membership type)
|| Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan, IEEJ (Senior Member)
|Education Field (Undergraduate level)
||Electricity Laws and Regulations, Power generation and substation engineering, Power Distribution engineering